Skip to main content

a message

i've written this post off and on in my head many times.
there is, in fact, a draft in the archives from october. 
even now, this post will not be all it should be, but it is what it needs to be for now.

this semester was an especially difficult time. more so than i let on with a lot of people. 
it's taken me places i never really thought i would go, and it's made me think and grow in many needed ways. 
there is, however, a lesson i've been struggling to learn, to internalize, to really live this year (but particularly these last few months). it is a lesson that i've never really learned well, and it is a lesson that i think Someone's been trying to teach me and i simply either haven't been listening, haven't understood, or haven't wanted to learn it. 

that God made me. and He had a purpose in making me the way that i am. 
He gave me specific dreams, desires, and passions for a reason. 
He was intentional in creating my personality and everything about me. 

throughout the day today there were several posts around the internet that dealt with this topic in some way. 
here are a few of my favorites: 


i think maybe, just maybe, God's trying to teach me this in a very pointed way.
and maybe, just maybe it's time to learn it for real.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,...

Over the Cliff

In the middle of Prince Caspian, there's a moment. Lucy has seen Aslan, but no one else has, and Aslan's told her she has to follow, whether anyone else does or not. Fortunately, they all agree to go with her. As the set off, she's the only one who can see Him, and she's leading everyone else.  "He led them to the right of the dancing trees -- whether they were still dancing nobody knew, for Lucy had her eyes on the Lion and the rest had their eyes on Lucy -- and nearer the edge of the gorge...for a long way Aslan went along the top of the precipices. Then they came to a place where some little trees grew right on the edge. He turned and disappeared among them. Lucy held her breath, for it looked as if he had plunged over the cliff..." Recently, I feel as if I've been following Jesus and He's disappeared, plunged right over the cliff. ********************* Last fall, I began thinking about words for 2017. I love the idea of claimin...

A Break to Listen

If you aren’t aware, there’s a bit of the unknown in my life right now.   Because of this place I’m in – out of necessity, really – I’ve been asking myself (and God) a lot of questions about purposes, dreams, places, and who I am. That last one seems to be cropping up a lot lately. And it is that question which has brought me here today. Last week I was talking with a friend about my recent trip to Chicago. Just to be clear, here’s how that trip happened: I’m in a Facebook group with a bunch of women from all over the country. One of them – who I had never met – posted about this conference (the Justice Conference) her organization was taking a group of women to, and there were some open spots. I emailed her, said yes, and booked a plane to Chicago…where I was picked up by another girl driving in from Michigan and then spent the weekend learning and loving and adventuring with 9 other women from different states whom I had also never met before. When I was leaving and my p...