Skip to main content

back in baltimore

goodness gracious, time flies!
only a short time in atlanta and here i am back in the city and back to work (which i wasn't completely thrilled with, i might add).

although it's getting harder and harder to get up and go to the jcc everyday, i do it. and i did it this morning. for a grand total of 11 kids. that may sound like a lot, but usually we have 18 in our class. and some of the ones that showed today didn't show until pretty late in the day. really? what's the point? your other children are with you. why bring your 3 yr old to day care for a couple of hours? keep 'em with you. they need you. far more than you need to bring them to day care. anyway, after being gone a week, it was kind of good to go back and see the kids again. one of the girls -- who happens to be a favorite of mine, but also a troublemaker -- came in the room, peered around the adult standing in the doorway, and said, "you're back?!" and proceeded to run and give me a hug. it's moments like that that make working with kids so special :)
because so few kids are coming in this week, everyday has a different theme. today was messy monday. cool whip painting, making slime, foam painting, and crushing up oreos for snack all made the agenda today. tomorrow we travel to italy....should be interesting.

i picked up the keys to the apartment today! moving will happen soon....

for christmas i bought my mom the beth moore study on esther. i'd heard good things about it and momma loves esther. besides, it's beth moore. when i bought it for her, i bought myself one. today i decided to listen to the introductory session so i could start the weekly lessons this week. wow. already wonderful. and perfectly timed by God.
last night, i really spent some time sharing everything on my heart with God. i shared some (but not all) of it with you in my last post. anyway, i expressed some specific emotions and fears to Him last night (i'd be more specific, but blogs aren't exactly the most intimate of settings through which to share these things). today, as i was listening to beth speak, there were several instances where she said something that directly spoke to my concerns, fears, emotions.
within the first hour of the study, God's already using it in my life. i just so needed it right now, i think. i'm in awe of how God does these kinds of things in my life. i'm so blessed. so loved by my Father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,

A Break to Listen

If you aren’t aware, there’s a bit of the unknown in my life right now.   Because of this place I’m in – out of necessity, really – I’ve been asking myself (and God) a lot of questions about purposes, dreams, places, and who I am. That last one seems to be cropping up a lot lately. And it is that question which has brought me here today. Last week I was talking with a friend about my recent trip to Chicago. Just to be clear, here’s how that trip happened: I’m in a Facebook group with a bunch of women from all over the country. One of them – who I had never met – posted about this conference (the Justice Conference) her organization was taking a group of women to, and there were some open spots. I emailed her, said yes, and booked a plane to Chicago…where I was picked up by another girl driving in from Michigan and then spent the weekend learning and loving and adventuring with 9 other women from different states whom I had also never met before. When I was leaving and my paren

confidence in uncertainty

don't we all wish we had that? when we have no idea what is coming or where God is leading or what we are supposed to do, wouldn't it be nice if we felt confidence and peace during the uncertain times in our lives? over the last couple of months, i've really been wrestling with some uncertainties. about everything. who i am. what i'm meant to do. where i'm supposed to be. who God is, and says He is. who God says i am. the path God says for me to follow. asking and struggling. wondering and fighting. crying and laughing. understanding and then being lost in confusion. experiencing peace and then being overwhelmed by worry. but finally, there is a bit of an end. because i've made a decision. one that my soul made a long time before my head, i believe. a decision to follow. to trust. to be uncertain. to leave baltimore . looking at it through my eyes, i can't say that it really makes sense. i have a family here. abounding opportunities t