Skip to main content

things i'm loving

so, recently i have found a couple of things online that i love.....and i decided to share them with you.

first, one of the best abc books i've ever seen. it's not necessarily the best book, teaching wise, but it's really cool. it's called abc3d and it's just awesome. it's a pop-up book and almost all the letters are 3d. i think the 'u' is my favorite. if you click on the name of the book, you'll be able to see a promo video for the book. everyone should check it out....i mean it....you'll be glad you did :)

next, i found a website called postcrossing. when you sign up on the website, they give you the address of another member who lives somewhere in the world. you send the person a postcard and eventually you start getting postcards from people also. real mail from all over the world. not only is this cool because you become connected to people across the globe, but i also think it would be an awesome project for a class to do.

third, a project called 101 in 1001. you set up for yourself 101 goals/ things you would like to do in the next 1001 days, which is about 2 and 1/2 years. the goals have to be specific and measurable. they must be clearly defined, realistic and require some effort from you. while i'm not planning on joining the project just yet, i think it's a great idea. also something that could be adapted to a class setting.


and now, at the end, in looking at these things and what i've written about them, it seems that they all, in some way, could be used in an educational way, as well as being just plain fun :) i guess my mind still sits in educator mode a lot of the time....

i'll post soon about other things...possibly tonight, but either way, soon, my friends....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,...

Over the Cliff

In the middle of Prince Caspian, there's a moment. Lucy has seen Aslan, but no one else has, and Aslan's told her she has to follow, whether anyone else does or not. Fortunately, they all agree to go with her. As the set off, she's the only one who can see Him, and she's leading everyone else.  "He led them to the right of the dancing trees -- whether they were still dancing nobody knew, for Lucy had her eyes on the Lion and the rest had their eyes on Lucy -- and nearer the edge of the gorge...for a long way Aslan went along the top of the precipices. Then they came to a place where some little trees grew right on the edge. He turned and disappeared among them. Lucy held her breath, for it looked as if he had plunged over the cliff..." Recently, I feel as if I've been following Jesus and He's disappeared, plunged right over the cliff. ********************* Last fall, I began thinking about words for 2017. I love the idea of claimin...

A Break to Listen

If you aren’t aware, there’s a bit of the unknown in my life right now.   Because of this place I’m in – out of necessity, really – I’ve been asking myself (and God) a lot of questions about purposes, dreams, places, and who I am. That last one seems to be cropping up a lot lately. And it is that question which has brought me here today. Last week I was talking with a friend about my recent trip to Chicago. Just to be clear, here’s how that trip happened: I’m in a Facebook group with a bunch of women from all over the country. One of them – who I had never met – posted about this conference (the Justice Conference) her organization was taking a group of women to, and there were some open spots. I emailed her, said yes, and booked a plane to Chicago…where I was picked up by another girl driving in from Michigan and then spent the weekend learning and loving and adventuring with 9 other women from different states whom I had also never met before. When I was leaving and my p...