Skip to main content

no title necessary

right now, i am frustrated. there are many things that have caused this recent frustration attack: i'm packing (which, for some reason, always gets my emotions running high), i need to finish cleaning, i'm in the process of making some stuff for the trip i'm taking this week (which is a mission trip to baltimore), i'm just a little tired, and there are many communication issues i'm having with people in my life, for a plethera of reasons....
also right now causing a problem is the fact that we are going on this mission trip together (my parents and i) and one of my worries has been interacting with my parents on this trip.....while i'm glad we're all going together (that is, in fact, one of the reasons i wanted to go on the trip), i've also been worried -- i'm a worrier....what can i say? -- anyway, i truly believe that satan knows this worry of mine and is trying to capitalize on the sometimes rocky relationships we have to create disharmony and disunity (words?) on this trip. please pray for me....i can't withstand those attacks on my own....
relationships are tricky and can be harmed easily....yet they can also be one of God's most incredible blessings....maybe that's why satan attacks them so much....

other random news:
i finally ate at panera! i've been really craving it for awhile, but no one else in my family likes it so we never get it when we're out, and i don't have much chance to get it alone, but i was out yesterday and needed to buy some supper, so i got some! frontega chicken....mmmm :)

i've really been enjoying 2 parts of itunes lately: the "just for you" section and the imixes. i've found a lot of good people through these features that i probably never would have otherwise (matt nathanson? karina? eric hutchinson? secondhand serenade? the almost? jakob dylan?) thanks to these sections and free starbucks downloads, my music library is expanding :)
another thing i love about itunes? the fact that i can just buy songs instead of whole cds....it's just great sometimes to not have to deal with all the other songs just to get to the one or two you wanted. on the flip side, though, i was thinking that sometimes, by not buying the cds, we might miss out on songs we could really like if we were made to buy the whole cd. i guess it's good to be able to choose, though.

my dog has been a little nutty lately. he's been following me everywhere. this is not really that unusual, except that he's been ok just being in the same room as me. for example, if i'm in my room doing something, he's usually ok just lying on the bed. recently, however, he hasn't been content to just be in the room, he's had to be right next to me....like, if i'm sorting stuff on the floor, he's sitting next to me, if i'm walking around my room, he's walking right behind me instead of just laying on the bed (you have to understand....my room is not big...at all). i don't really understand why crackers has adopted this behavior, but he has....and it looks as if it might stay.....he's crazy :)

the family (sans moi) is driving over to athens tomorrow to help my sis move out of her apt in athens....sad times....she doesn't graduate til august, but this was the only time everyone could do it, so they are....and then i'll get to see her for not even 24 hrs before we head out to baltimore....

some friends and i have started a small group for the summer. i may have mentioned this before, so i'm sorry if i have, but i'm really glad that we are. i have to drive a ways to get to it, but i've needed a small group for awhile, so it's a sacrifice i'm going to make. we're reading the pursuit of God by tozer. i've read it once before, but i honestly don't remember much of it. i'm excited about it....

i'm not sure i have anything else to say, so i'm going to go...not sure if i'll be on again until we get back, so i guess this is farewell for a little bit, friends :)

have a wonderful night/ day!

Comments

Greg said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,

A Break to Listen

If you aren’t aware, there’s a bit of the unknown in my life right now.   Because of this place I’m in – out of necessity, really – I’ve been asking myself (and God) a lot of questions about purposes, dreams, places, and who I am. That last one seems to be cropping up a lot lately. And it is that question which has brought me here today. Last week I was talking with a friend about my recent trip to Chicago. Just to be clear, here’s how that trip happened: I’m in a Facebook group with a bunch of women from all over the country. One of them – who I had never met – posted about this conference (the Justice Conference) her organization was taking a group of women to, and there were some open spots. I emailed her, said yes, and booked a plane to Chicago…where I was picked up by another girl driving in from Michigan and then spent the weekend learning and loving and adventuring with 9 other women from different states whom I had also never met before. When I was leaving and my paren

confidence in uncertainty

don't we all wish we had that? when we have no idea what is coming or where God is leading or what we are supposed to do, wouldn't it be nice if we felt confidence and peace during the uncertain times in our lives? over the last couple of months, i've really been wrestling with some uncertainties. about everything. who i am. what i'm meant to do. where i'm supposed to be. who God is, and says He is. who God says i am. the path God says for me to follow. asking and struggling. wondering and fighting. crying and laughing. understanding and then being lost in confusion. experiencing peace and then being overwhelmed by worry. but finally, there is a bit of an end. because i've made a decision. one that my soul made a long time before my head, i believe. a decision to follow. to trust. to be uncertain. to leave baltimore . looking at it through my eyes, i can't say that it really makes sense. i have a family here. abounding opportunities t