Skip to main content

so

i said i would post and i'm doing it. however, i can't decide what to write about. the last few days i've had a lot on my mind...things i've said, "hey, i should write about that" or simply things that are happening through living daily life....however, i've lacked the energy or will to actually write anything. and because that energy is still lacking, i'm not sure how much of it will get posted here tonight.
first, i can't believe uga vi is now gone. heart failure. he was a wonderful bulldog and will be missed....but perhaps his offspring will bring good luck as his father did.
second, i had a very relaxing day today. i haven't gone to church in the morning on sundays in a few weeks because i've been at genesis (and i'm not too keen on hearing the same thing twice in one day, no matter how differently it's presented) and i must say that i really enjoy sunday mornings. while i enjoy genesis, i love being connected to the rest of the church. it's a chance to learn and worship with friends of all ages. there's just something about sunday mornings that i miss sometimes. after church, i literally came home, ate lunch, fell asleep while watching a little gilmore and stayed asleep for the rest of the day (the lake wore me out....). until reunion, that is, where we learned about why bad things happen to good people/ why does a good God let bad things happen (great job James, by the way....if you weren't there, you should have been). following reunion, we headed to stevi b's (yum....grease and cheese :)) and then a little starbucks.
third, i spent a good deal of time on itunes recently....i enjoy looking through the music....like a library except with music and not books!......their recommendations for me based on songs i own or have purchased are wonderful, hilarious, ridiculous and fun....
fourth, i have loved this song lately, and i'll leave you with it....it was on the Prince Caspian soundtrack (go figure...)....look it up and listen to it....it's good (and i don't normally like switchfoot, but i don't think it really sounds like a lot of their other stuff)......This is Home, by Switchfoot....
I've got my memories
They're always inside of me
But I can't go back
Back to how it was
I believe now
I've come too far
No I can't go back
Back to how it was
Created for a place
I've never known

This is home
Now I'm finally
Where I belong
Where I belong
Yeah, this is home
I've been searching
For a place of my own
Now I've found it
Maybe this is home
Yeah, this is home

Belief over misery
I've seen the enemy
And I won't go back
Back to how it was
And I got my heart
Set on what happens next
I got my eyes wide
It's not over yet
We are miracles
And we're not alone

And now after all my searching
After all my questions
I'm gonna call it home
I got a brand new mindset
I can finally see the sunset
I'm gonna call it home

Now I know
Yeah, this is home
I've come too far
Now I won't go back
This is home

:).....maybe i'll explain later why i like it so much at the moment......for now, though, sweet dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

she's my wife!!

today at the j: kids, playing in housekeeping... r: go call my girlfriend. w: who's your girlfriend? c? r: no! (kids keep saying names) w: is it k? r: (looking very insulted) no! she's my wife! hahaha :) and... (trying to talk to one of our kids about being still in circle and helping our friends listen) me: e, i know that you can listen and learn at circle when you're moving and rolling and talking. you understand things and you remember what we're learning even when you're all over the place. e: yep. because God gave me a brain.

confidence in uncertainty

don't we all wish we had that? when we have no idea what is coming or where God is leading or what we are supposed to do, wouldn't it be nice if we felt confidence and peace during the uncertain times in our lives? over the last couple of months, i've really been wrestling with some uncertainties. about everything. who i am. what i'm meant to do. where i'm supposed to be. who God is, and says He is. who God says i am. the path God says for me to follow. asking and struggling. wondering and fighting. crying and laughing. understanding and then being lost in confusion. experiencing peace and then being overwhelmed by worry. but finally, there is a bit of an end. because i've made a decision. one that my soul made a long time before my head, i believe. a decision to follow. to trust. to be uncertain. to leave baltimore . looking at it through my eyes, i can't say that it really makes sense. i have a family here. abounding opportunities t

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,