Skip to main content

weird dreams

ok, so i 've been having a lot of dreams lately....which is likely the result of a lot going on during the day time and a lot on my mind all the time :)

sometimes they get me soo curious that i'll look up dream meanings online (i know, this is probably a tad ridiculous, but sometimes, the meanings are interesting....and, it's kind of like reading your horoscope....you like seeing what it says, but don't often put any stock in it).

last night, i dreamed that while i was brushing my teeth, i picked up my winter hat and realized it had a huge hole in the top of it. i wasn't all that concerned, i just noticed it and decided i would see if my mom could fix it for me (b/c in real life, she does fix those things for me when she can). and that was it.

while this dream isn't all that strange, i decided to look up the separate elements and see what it said...

teeth: to dream that you are brushing your teeth, signifies your level of confidence, struggles and aggressiveness. you need to look out for yourself and your own interest. perhaps, you feel that your standing or position is shaky (i'm not really sure how i feel about this...looking out for my own interests sounds horrible...like i'm going to do whatever it takes to get what i want no matter who i hurt....and that's not very like me -- at least i hope not! but the standing or position being shaky could be relevant, i guess...)

hat: to see or wear a hat in your dream, indicates that you are hiding an aspect of yourself or that you are covering up something. alternatively, it represents your attitude or the various roles and responsibilities you have in your waking life

hole: to dream that there is a hole in your clothing, indicates that there are some flaws in your thinking or thought process. you may need to undergo an image makeover.

mother: to see your mother in your dream, represents the nurturing aspect of your own character. mothers offer shelter, comfort, life, guidance and protection (there are apparently several meanings for seeing your mom in your dream, but none of them really seemed to fit....especially since i didn't really see her, just thought about her...this seemed the best choice, especially since my mom is nurturing and does offer all of those things!).

fix: to dream that you are fixing something, indicates that you need to reevaluate and rethink a situation or relationship in your life (except that i didn't actually fix anything, i only thought about getting it fixed).


really, the only part of the dream i was interested in was the hole in the hat thing (the rest i wasn't curious about, but decided to go all the way with this little experiment).
i did find it interesting b/c i do hide a lot (not physically, but emotionally, mentally, etc.) from my friends and family (i'm working on it, trust me....it's easier said than done). i keep things to myself far too often.
also, i do have a lot of roles and responsibilities in my life right now (especially since i just got a new, second job at panera) and i've been thinking a lot about all the roles i do play and the ones i would like to play (very different i'm discovering....there are times when you realize that nothing is ever the way you thought it would be and you just have to say, "it is well" b/c you know that He knows and has a plan for all this craziness that is life).
and, lastly, i tend to overthink things, situations, encounters, relationships, etc. you name it and i've probably had it running in circles around my mind for a long time. often, the situations tend to come out worse for the wear once my mind attacks. i tend to take things and apply the worst possible meaning to them. not because i view others around me badly or i don't trust them, but because of me....i make it all my fault. but that's beside the point. so it is fitting that this hole could be telling me there are flaws in my thinking and thought processes.

interesting.
at least it is to me :)

of course, this could just be a dream that is replaying things that have happened in real life. it is cold out, and i have been wearing my hat a lot lately. i do brush my teeth before i leave to go somewhere. the other day one of my gloves got a hole in it, so i could be transferring that....and if my hat really did get a hole it, i probably would see if my mom could fix it when i went home for the holidays. it's all mundane, everyday type stuff.
maybe the rest is just ridiculous nonsense?
you choose.


what do you think about dream meanings? do you ever do this kind of stuff? 
any thoughts about my dream? 
have you had any strange/funny/interesting dreams lately?


love you :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,

A Break to Listen

If you aren’t aware, there’s a bit of the unknown in my life right now.   Because of this place I’m in – out of necessity, really – I’ve been asking myself (and God) a lot of questions about purposes, dreams, places, and who I am. That last one seems to be cropping up a lot lately. And it is that question which has brought me here today. Last week I was talking with a friend about my recent trip to Chicago. Just to be clear, here’s how that trip happened: I’m in a Facebook group with a bunch of women from all over the country. One of them – who I had never met – posted about this conference (the Justice Conference) her organization was taking a group of women to, and there were some open spots. I emailed her, said yes, and booked a plane to Chicago…where I was picked up by another girl driving in from Michigan and then spent the weekend learning and loving and adventuring with 9 other women from different states whom I had also never met before. When I was leaving and my paren

confidence in uncertainty

don't we all wish we had that? when we have no idea what is coming or where God is leading or what we are supposed to do, wouldn't it be nice if we felt confidence and peace during the uncertain times in our lives? over the last couple of months, i've really been wrestling with some uncertainties. about everything. who i am. what i'm meant to do. where i'm supposed to be. who God is, and says He is. who God says i am. the path God says for me to follow. asking and struggling. wondering and fighting. crying and laughing. understanding and then being lost in confusion. experiencing peace and then being overwhelmed by worry. but finally, there is a bit of an end. because i've made a decision. one that my soul made a long time before my head, i believe. a decision to follow. to trust. to be uncertain. to leave baltimore . looking at it through my eyes, i can't say that it really makes sense. i have a family here. abounding opportunities t