Skip to main content

happy first day of spring!

"behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!" Sitting Bull

my favorite season is officially here! i'm so glad that spring is upon us.
flowers, blue skies, warm weather, a freshness that the other seasons just don't have....all things i love about spring. i've been waiting so long for this dear friend to come once more.

however. i do. not. appreciate. that this first day of spring was the coldest day we're going to have for the next week. i like the cold weather. really. i do. but not when it lasts longer than it's supposed to. and i'm over it right now. and so this is how i'm feeling right now:

"the first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. the difference between them is sometimes as great as a month."
Henry Van Dyke

so sad, but so true. but i trust the natural order. God designed it this way. and so i wait.
but in hope that the first spring day comes quickly this year :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,...

Over the Cliff

In the middle of Prince Caspian, there's a moment. Lucy has seen Aslan, but no one else has, and Aslan's told her she has to follow, whether anyone else does or not. Fortunately, they all agree to go with her. As the set off, she's the only one who can see Him, and she's leading everyone else.  "He led them to the right of the dancing trees -- whether they were still dancing nobody knew, for Lucy had her eyes on the Lion and the rest had their eyes on Lucy -- and nearer the edge of the gorge...for a long way Aslan went along the top of the precipices. Then they came to a place where some little trees grew right on the edge. He turned and disappeared among them. Lucy held her breath, for it looked as if he had plunged over the cliff..." Recently, I feel as if I've been following Jesus and He's disappeared, plunged right over the cliff. ********************* Last fall, I began thinking about words for 2017. I love the idea of claimin...

A Break to Listen

If you aren’t aware, there’s a bit of the unknown in my life right now.   Because of this place I’m in – out of necessity, really – I’ve been asking myself (and God) a lot of questions about purposes, dreams, places, and who I am. That last one seems to be cropping up a lot lately. And it is that question which has brought me here today. Last week I was talking with a friend about my recent trip to Chicago. Just to be clear, here’s how that trip happened: I’m in a Facebook group with a bunch of women from all over the country. One of them – who I had never met – posted about this conference (the Justice Conference) her organization was taking a group of women to, and there were some open spots. I emailed her, said yes, and booked a plane to Chicago…where I was picked up by another girl driving in from Michigan and then spent the weekend learning and loving and adventuring with 9 other women from different states whom I had also never met before. When I was leaving and my p...