Skip to main content

lazy sunday morning

that's what today held for me, and i'm currently still enjoying it....listening to music, a little postsecret, playing with lauren and caleb, reading, uploading pictures....it's been a good day so far :)

so, last time i wrote, it was about the kids in my class and how i got bit by one of them (to which my sister asked if i'd had my shots...). well, last week was "p" week....meaning we learned all about the letter p. wednesday we had a pizza party and talked about all the different kinds of toppings we wanted on our pizzas. we turned the class into a pizza parlor for lunch. it was cute. however, forgetting that i teach at the jewish community center, i did ask the kids if any of them wanted sausage on their pizza. and yes, i was in the middle of the hallway. and yes, another teacher did hear me and said something to me. i completely forgot....oops :)
thursday i had a benefits meeting to go to, so i missed most of pajama day, but i was able to join in on the fun when i finally got back to work (after getting lost again....i'm horrible with directions!). we had a lot of superheroes walking around, mostly spiderman and "su-erman", as one of my little friends says. as difficult as these kids can be, they do have a way of stealing your heart. or maybe it's just me :)

i went looking at apartments the other day. hopefully we'll have success soon :)

friday night a friend and i went to a photography exhibit at a place called the light, which is another church in the city. it was a small show, but there were definitely some cool images and things to look at. it's been awhile since i've been to a show like that, and i was glad it was there for us to be able to go. an enjoyable experience all around :)

i have a new phone! no more broken screen! i can finally see texts when they're sent my way and see who's calline me. no more wondering who that was on the phone or if i have a message. a phone that works properly in every way. such a blessing!

i went with some friends last night to get their christmas tree and some decorations. looking through all the trees and greenery is fun. real christmas trees smell so good, so that's a plus as well! the tree was put in the stand last night, but not decorated because the branches needed to fluff out some after being tied up. speaking of tying a tree up....getting that tree tied to the top of their car was quite the adventure (ok, so i didn't really help....kristina and i mostly watched from inside the car). rope sent through the car and thrown over the car, and when it was all over, the person in the car holding onto the end of the rope to make sure the tree didn't go anywhere. it was the most amusing way to get a tree to stay on a car that i've ever seen.....successful, but still funny....

i love christmas time :)

enjoy your sunday, dear friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,

confidence in uncertainty

don't we all wish we had that? when we have no idea what is coming or where God is leading or what we are supposed to do, wouldn't it be nice if we felt confidence and peace during the uncertain times in our lives? over the last couple of months, i've really been wrestling with some uncertainties. about everything. who i am. what i'm meant to do. where i'm supposed to be. who God is, and says He is. who God says i am. the path God says for me to follow. asking and struggling. wondering and fighting. crying and laughing. understanding and then being lost in confusion. experiencing peace and then being overwhelmed by worry. but finally, there is a bit of an end. because i've made a decision. one that my soul made a long time before my head, i believe. a decision to follow. to trust. to be uncertain. to leave baltimore . looking at it through my eyes, i can't say that it really makes sense. i have a family here. abounding opportunities t

A Break to Listen

If you aren’t aware, there’s a bit of the unknown in my life right now.   Because of this place I’m in – out of necessity, really – I’ve been asking myself (and God) a lot of questions about purposes, dreams, places, and who I am. That last one seems to be cropping up a lot lately. And it is that question which has brought me here today. Last week I was talking with a friend about my recent trip to Chicago. Just to be clear, here’s how that trip happened: I’m in a Facebook group with a bunch of women from all over the country. One of them – who I had never met – posted about this conference (the Justice Conference) her organization was taking a group of women to, and there were some open spots. I emailed her, said yes, and booked a plane to Chicago…where I was picked up by another girl driving in from Michigan and then spent the weekend learning and loving and adventuring with 9 other women from different states whom I had also never met before. When I was leaving and my paren