Skip to main content

well

so, it's been a few days since i last posted, and i've begun to realize that when i wait a few days to blog i have so much i want to (really, that means that i've had a lot happen, and i've thought "i could blog about that") say that it gets overwhelming and so i wait longer...does that make sense?

i'm so ready for fall. there's just something about the season that makes it special. football, holidays, cinnamon, cool weather, mmm. i just love it. however, seeing all the fall stuff coming out in stores makes me want to spend money. on clothes, books, candles, music, etc. but especially on baking stuff!!!! fall foods are amazing, and i can't wait to be able to make them :) it's just about killing me having to wait til the season arrives simply for that reason.

the other day i was cleaning out my car because when we moved anna out of athens we had left some stuff in the car and i wanted to get everything out before it overtook my car. it was more of a maintenance cleaning than an all-out scrub down. so, while i was cleaning i found a couple of cds between the seats. i'm not sure where they came from or how they got there, because i cleaned my car out big time in the spring when the weather got warm enough and they weren't there. anyway, i found "now that's what i call music 5." that's right -- 5. from the year 2000. this is what i got to listen to the other day:
it's gonna be me, n sync. aaron's party, aaron carter. lucky, britney spears. jumpin' jumpin', destiny's child. absolutely, nine days. incomplete, sisqo. and more. does it take you down memory lane? it sure did me. back to freshman/ sophomore year of high school. so, if you're missing this cd, i have it.
and now i'm going to admit something i wouldn't normally admit. it may make a couple of you mad (becky :)). the other cd i found was winter wonderland with a lot of singers from the 40s (!!). i had forgotten i owned this cd. so, today on the way to genesis (which everyone in the area should come to), i listened to christmad music. yep. that's right. before september even begins, i listened to christmas music. i never do this. i actually usually get upset when people do this. but i did it. and loved it. and i may do it again.

this is completely irrelevant to most of you, but the other day i repainted my nails. they're now hot pink with a touch of sparkle. i pulled out the glitter polish :)

there's a lot of books i've never read that i think i should. so in borders the other day i bought anne of green gables and the prince and the pauper. any suggestions for future reading selections?

i think i'm going to leave you now. i'll try to be more regular with this.

lots of love to you, dear friend.

Comments

Becky Adams said…
1. It does make me a little mad that you listened to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. I thought we had been over this. I even shared it openly in front of 400 of my BCM friends.
2. Was the Now CD you found a burned one? Because I own that CD (sad, I know) and there is potential that I may have burned it for you.
C. Love you!
brooke said…
haha :) i'm waiting now. it was a momentary lapse of judgment...

no, it's not a burned cd. are you missing yours?

i love you, too!!

Popular posts from this blog

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,

A Break to Listen

If you aren’t aware, there’s a bit of the unknown in my life right now.   Because of this place I’m in – out of necessity, really – I’ve been asking myself (and God) a lot of questions about purposes, dreams, places, and who I am. That last one seems to be cropping up a lot lately. And it is that question which has brought me here today. Last week I was talking with a friend about my recent trip to Chicago. Just to be clear, here’s how that trip happened: I’m in a Facebook group with a bunch of women from all over the country. One of them – who I had never met – posted about this conference (the Justice Conference) her organization was taking a group of women to, and there were some open spots. I emailed her, said yes, and booked a plane to Chicago…where I was picked up by another girl driving in from Michigan and then spent the weekend learning and loving and adventuring with 9 other women from different states whom I had also never met before. When I was leaving and my paren

confidence in uncertainty

don't we all wish we had that? when we have no idea what is coming or where God is leading or what we are supposed to do, wouldn't it be nice if we felt confidence and peace during the uncertain times in our lives? over the last couple of months, i've really been wrestling with some uncertainties. about everything. who i am. what i'm meant to do. where i'm supposed to be. who God is, and says He is. who God says i am. the path God says for me to follow. asking and struggling. wondering and fighting. crying and laughing. understanding and then being lost in confusion. experiencing peace and then being overwhelmed by worry. but finally, there is a bit of an end. because i've made a decision. one that my soul made a long time before my head, i believe. a decision to follow. to trust. to be uncertain. to leave baltimore . looking at it through my eyes, i can't say that it really makes sense. i have a family here. abounding opportunities t