Skip to main content

the weekend :)

so, this weekend was pretty wonderful.

friday night, we went to see alice in wonderland. i've wanted to see this movie from the time i heard it was coming out. but i wasn't expecting a whole lot because i hadn't heard great reviews and i knew it wasn't a remake of the book, but a continuation of the story (and really, how do you continue a story written by a guy like lewis carroll and do it well?). however, whatever critics were saying it wasn't so great didn't really watch the movie.
it was a beautifully made movie with a really amazing story.
i'll have to post more about it later, but my favorite line of the whole movie was by the mad hatter (played exceptionally well by johnny depp):
"you've lost your muchness. in there. you're less muchier than you were before."

on saturday, i went to see a play that i've wanted to see for ages:

i saw one of the musical numbers at the macy's parade or the tony awards or something like that when it first started a couple of years ago. i normally would not have gone, because i didn't have anyone to go with, but i decided i was going to go anyway. so i did. by myself.
and i'm so glad i did.
it's a play about home, discovering yourself and your roots, learning, family (both blood and otherwise), growing up and so much more. i loved every second of it. there's a lot i could say about it, and i may in the next few days, but it spoke so much to my heart right now (so did alice, for that matter).
i literally sat through almost the entire second act of the play in tears.
in tears, y'all.
luckily, there weren't any people around me at all.


so, more to come on both of these shows i saw this weekend, but all in all it was a good weekend :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,...

Over the Cliff

In the middle of Prince Caspian, there's a moment. Lucy has seen Aslan, but no one else has, and Aslan's told her she has to follow, whether anyone else does or not. Fortunately, they all agree to go with her. As the set off, she's the only one who can see Him, and she's leading everyone else.  "He led them to the right of the dancing trees -- whether they were still dancing nobody knew, for Lucy had her eyes on the Lion and the rest had their eyes on Lucy -- and nearer the edge of the gorge...for a long way Aslan went along the top of the precipices. Then they came to a place where some little trees grew right on the edge. He turned and disappeared among them. Lucy held her breath, for it looked as if he had plunged over the cliff..." Recently, I feel as if I've been following Jesus and He's disappeared, plunged right over the cliff. ********************* Last fall, I began thinking about words for 2017. I love the idea of claimin...

A Break to Listen

If you aren’t aware, there’s a bit of the unknown in my life right now.   Because of this place I’m in – out of necessity, really – I’ve been asking myself (and God) a lot of questions about purposes, dreams, places, and who I am. That last one seems to be cropping up a lot lately. And it is that question which has brought me here today. Last week I was talking with a friend about my recent trip to Chicago. Just to be clear, here’s how that trip happened: I’m in a Facebook group with a bunch of women from all over the country. One of them – who I had never met – posted about this conference (the Justice Conference) her organization was taking a group of women to, and there were some open spots. I emailed her, said yes, and booked a plane to Chicago…where I was picked up by another girl driving in from Michigan and then spent the weekend learning and loving and adventuring with 9 other women from different states whom I had also never met before. When I was leaving and my p...