Skip to main content

a slight smattering

so, it's been awhile since i last wrote....sorry to the three of you who read this :)
a lot has happened since then, so here are some random bits from my life:


anna and ray's gallery is up on altmix photography....check it out! just click on the pic that says "anna and ray". thanks kate and matt! you're awesome!

i'm moving to baltimore!
there have been a lot of things that i've said on here about events in my future, being unsure about what was going to happen, etc. i didn't want to say on here til more was known. there's still a lot that i don't know, but i know these things:
i'm moving. i have a job at the jewish community center and i start on nov. 3. i'll be up there with gallery church baltimore. i know this is where God wants me.
and i'm super excited.

apartment hunting is interesting. enough said.

i love cold weather. i spent much of this weekend bundled up as much as i could be with what i took with me...scarves, jackets, socks. it was cold!!! and for those of you who know me really well....i'm always cold. but i love it! however, when i got back to atlanta, i had to lose the scarf and the jacket and the socks, and wished i was able to lose the long sleeve shirt i had on too, but didn't think that was a wise decision.
i'm so glad baltimore seems to have seasons :)

i saw this on postsecret on sunday:


ladies, isn't this so true?? while i may not fall in love with the guy, there's something about having a guy open a door for you that just makes you melt a little. it doesn't have to happen all the time, just enough. the guy definitely earns a lot of respect in my book. the chivalry thing gets me :)
i'm sure there's more to come later, but for now,
farewell, friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,...

Over the Cliff

In the middle of Prince Caspian, there's a moment. Lucy has seen Aslan, but no one else has, and Aslan's told her she has to follow, whether anyone else does or not. Fortunately, they all agree to go with her. As the set off, she's the only one who can see Him, and she's leading everyone else.  "He led them to the right of the dancing trees -- whether they were still dancing nobody knew, for Lucy had her eyes on the Lion and the rest had their eyes on Lucy -- and nearer the edge of the gorge...for a long way Aslan went along the top of the precipices. Then they came to a place where some little trees grew right on the edge. He turned and disappeared among them. Lucy held her breath, for it looked as if he had plunged over the cliff..." Recently, I feel as if I've been following Jesus and He's disappeared, plunged right over the cliff. ********************* Last fall, I began thinking about words for 2017. I love the idea of claimin...

A Break to Listen

If you aren’t aware, there’s a bit of the unknown in my life right now.   Because of this place I’m in – out of necessity, really – I’ve been asking myself (and God) a lot of questions about purposes, dreams, places, and who I am. That last one seems to be cropping up a lot lately. And it is that question which has brought me here today. Last week I was talking with a friend about my recent trip to Chicago. Just to be clear, here’s how that trip happened: I’m in a Facebook group with a bunch of women from all over the country. One of them – who I had never met – posted about this conference (the Justice Conference) her organization was taking a group of women to, and there were some open spots. I emailed her, said yes, and booked a plane to Chicago…where I was picked up by another girl driving in from Michigan and then spent the weekend learning and loving and adventuring with 9 other women from different states whom I had also never met before. When I was leaving and my p...