Skip to main content

pictures and other such things

the last few days my life has been consumed by uploading, organizing, backing up, copying and developing pictures. from my camera, my mom's camera and my dad's camera. pictures from a couple of years ago up to now. developing pictures is expensive. way more than it should be. but anyway, here are a couple of pics from my adventures with the cameras:





me and anna sitting on the bulldog at broad and college, in front of starbucks.







this is me, my aunt nora and reagan at a family reunion last fall.








me, taping a wall in a school in baltimore so it could be painted....one of the few pictures that has me in it from this trip :)



the last couple of weekends have been the property of showers. anna's had 2 showers already and this weekend we're preparing for a third this weekend. i'm not sure what i was expecting showers to be like, but they've been kind of fun. we've gotten to hang out with friends and family, and anna's gotten good stuff.
my last post sounded rather dramatic. i'm sorry for that. i do, however, stand by what it said. i don't know where i'm headed or what i'll be doing. and i'm frustrated. and more worried than i'll probably admit to you if you ask in person. so, if you see me and i seem down, sad, odd, aggravated, or anything else that might be unpleasant...know that it has nothing to do with you, please. and feel free to ask me about my life, but know that i may have no answers for you. and that i love you.


so, the other day i finished reading "the tale of despereaux" by kate dicamillo. it was interesting and had a lot of great stuff in it. soon, i'll tell you a lot more about it. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,...

Over the Cliff

In the middle of Prince Caspian, there's a moment. Lucy has seen Aslan, but no one else has, and Aslan's told her she has to follow, whether anyone else does or not. Fortunately, they all agree to go with her. As the set off, she's the only one who can see Him, and she's leading everyone else.  "He led them to the right of the dancing trees -- whether they were still dancing nobody knew, for Lucy had her eyes on the Lion and the rest had their eyes on Lucy -- and nearer the edge of the gorge...for a long way Aslan went along the top of the precipices. Then they came to a place where some little trees grew right on the edge. He turned and disappeared among them. Lucy held her breath, for it looked as if he had plunged over the cliff..." Recently, I feel as if I've been following Jesus and He's disappeared, plunged right over the cliff. ********************* Last fall, I began thinking about words for 2017. I love the idea of claimin...

A Break to Listen

If you aren’t aware, there’s a bit of the unknown in my life right now.   Because of this place I’m in – out of necessity, really – I’ve been asking myself (and God) a lot of questions about purposes, dreams, places, and who I am. That last one seems to be cropping up a lot lately. And it is that question which has brought me here today. Last week I was talking with a friend about my recent trip to Chicago. Just to be clear, here’s how that trip happened: I’m in a Facebook group with a bunch of women from all over the country. One of them – who I had never met – posted about this conference (the Justice Conference) her organization was taking a group of women to, and there were some open spots. I emailed her, said yes, and booked a plane to Chicago…where I was picked up by another girl driving in from Michigan and then spent the weekend learning and loving and adventuring with 9 other women from different states whom I had also never met before. When I was leaving and my p...