Skip to main content

eek!

there's a really big, flying, stinnging bug in the lamp a few feet away from me....we've been at odds all day and i thought it would be killed by now by the other people who live here (i don't do bugs...or spiders...or anything else like that).....and now i hear its hugeness and buzzing around so close.....not a fan!

in other news, i really was hoping for the chance to go read somewhere today, but alas, it didn't happen....i tried so hard (ok, well, i could've tried a little harder, i guess). i'll try again tomorrow to fit it in between a clothing outreach and a small group (finally, a small group.....i've felt the need for one for awhile....i hope this one will work out!).

i can't believe it's july. time flies.

i watched definitely, maybe and charlie bartlett recently. definitely, maybe was cute. everything i expected it to be. absolutely a chick flick, and this one actually had a good twist to it, i thought. they approached the stereotypical chick flick plot line in a unique way. good entertainment. charlie bartlett was interesting. i saw the preview for it before watching 27 dresses one day and it looked good, so i rented it when i saw it in blockbuster. surprisingly good, yet also a little sad. it's a movie about a kid who gets kicked out of private school, so his mom sends him to public school. he gets beat up some and then decides to work with the bully to make some money. he becomes the "psychologist" at the school (his office is the boys bathroom)-- listening to the kids' problems, talking to them, repeating the stories to professionals, getting prescriptions and then selling them to the other kids. throughout this whole process is actually a good story about human interaction, complicated relationships and life in general. if you haven't seen it, i recommend it (but beware the r rating....lots of language and drugs).

i love frosted flakes. i'll leave you with that.

:)
goodnight, friends

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

happy new year! and....a quarter of a century

happy new year, my friends! i hope you celebrated in a fun way and were with people you love :) i was able to see some friends i never get to see new year's eve...and then was back at my parents' house by around 10:15...and was in bed by 11:30.... i did not stay awake to welcome in 2010, but i'm ok with that :) in other news, i'll be a quarter of a century old in a week. 25... i'm not one to freak out about my age (at least not yet) but 25 is a good year, i think. and in honor of my turning 25, i've decided to make lists of 25. because it'll be fun, and who doesn't love a good list? and because i spent yesterday traveling, the first list is a travel list, but is by no means complete or comprehensive....there's no way i could make a full list of everywhere i've been or would like to go.... so, enjoy!! 25 places i've traveled or would like to travel (red = where i've been, blue = where i'd like to go) 1. new orleans,...

Over the Cliff

In the middle of Prince Caspian, there's a moment. Lucy has seen Aslan, but no one else has, and Aslan's told her she has to follow, whether anyone else does or not. Fortunately, they all agree to go with her. As the set off, she's the only one who can see Him, and she's leading everyone else.  "He led them to the right of the dancing trees -- whether they were still dancing nobody knew, for Lucy had her eyes on the Lion and the rest had their eyes on Lucy -- and nearer the edge of the gorge...for a long way Aslan went along the top of the precipices. Then they came to a place where some little trees grew right on the edge. He turned and disappeared among them. Lucy held her breath, for it looked as if he had plunged over the cliff..." Recently, I feel as if I've been following Jesus and He's disappeared, plunged right over the cliff. ********************* Last fall, I began thinking about words for 2017. I love the idea of claimin...

A Break to Listen

If you aren’t aware, there’s a bit of the unknown in my life right now.   Because of this place I’m in – out of necessity, really – I’ve been asking myself (and God) a lot of questions about purposes, dreams, places, and who I am. That last one seems to be cropping up a lot lately. And it is that question which has brought me here today. Last week I was talking with a friend about my recent trip to Chicago. Just to be clear, here’s how that trip happened: I’m in a Facebook group with a bunch of women from all over the country. One of them – who I had never met – posted about this conference (the Justice Conference) her organization was taking a group of women to, and there were some open spots. I emailed her, said yes, and booked a plane to Chicago…where I was picked up by another girl driving in from Michigan and then spent the weekend learning and loving and adventuring with 9 other women from different states whom I had also never met before. When I was leaving and my p...